About the SBI Remit
- Does SBI Remit have any stores that handle remittance services?
- Is SBI Remit a bank? Can you send money legally, even though you are not a bank?
The process for becoming a member
- Do I have to pay to register as a member?
- How much are the remittance fees?
- Do I have to become a member to make a remittance?
- Can I register using a jointly-used e-mail address?
- I have changed my address – are there any procedures I need to complete?
- I have registered for membership but I have not received an e-mail from you. Why is that?
Qualifying for membership
- How long does it usually take until cash can be picked up locally, or until it is deposited in the account?
- I don’t know the recipient’s bank account details. Can I send funds?
- Why do you need to know the telephone number and e-mail address of the recipient?
- Can the remittance be canceled once the remittance request has been processed?
- Once a remittance request has been processed, can I change the details?
Points to note when making remittance requests
- Please tell me the upper limit for a single remittance. Also, are there any limits on the number of remittances I can make and their total value?
- Can remittances be used to pay for on-line gaming and gambling?
- What exchange rate (at which specific point in time) is used to convert the funds remitted? After I deposited funds at a convenience store, the exchange rate in the email I received was different from that shown on the screen at the time the remittance was processed. Why is that?
- Can I remit to my own account at other banks besides Siam Commercial Bank?
- How much of the maximum limit for Thailand’s bank account remittance?
- Which document should I need specially for Thailand’s bank account remittance?
- Can I send funds to an account at Bangkok Bank in Thailand?
- Can I transfer to some other bank besides ACLEDA?
- What is the maximum amount per single remittance?
- I want to register a “transfer to bank” account to ACLEDA bank account in Cambodia. What should I do?
- I want to send one million JPY. What should I do?
- I am trying to complete the remittance process on the Internet, but it is not getting anywhere. What should I do?
- For people from Myanmar, male names add the honorific “U”, while “MA” is used for female names. Is this required when registering a recipient?
- Can remittances for commercial purposed be made to Australia? Does anything need to be taken when receiving the remittance, regardless of the amount?
- When a convenience store order number is issued after a remittance of funds is requested at a convenience store, how long is the number valid? Also, how long is the receipt issued at a Fami-port valid?
- Russia and Ukraine are countries where remittances are restricted – in which currencies can funds be received?
- Can I remit funds for receipt in a US account?
- What forms of personal ID can be used when making a cash pick-up in the Philippines?
Receiving / within Japan
Changes to membership information
- We have changed our company name and address. Can we change the information registered on the membership page?